Haseltine Lake Kempner may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to helping us improve our services to clients
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails and materials about our services, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Your personal data will be stored in our database, in our UK based data processing centre. We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to client needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you may find most useful. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website we will only collect your data for direct marketing purposes where you tick the relevant box to give us permission to do so.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing the Data Controller listed below, or by using the Unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- to request a copy of the personal data which we hold
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
The Data Controller
Haseltine Lake Kempner is the Data Controller for any personal information you supply to us. Our full postal address is:
The Data Controller
Haseltine Lake Kempner LLP
120 Redcliff Street
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 910 3200
Email Address: email@example.com